XIAMETER® Brand Methylhydrogen Silicone Fluids
XIAMETER methylhydrogen silicone fluids (polymethylhydrogen siloxanes) are reactive fluids that can be mixed with other materials to create products for many different uses.
Features And Benefits
- Water repellency
- Upon heat curing, the polymers crosslink at the sites of hydrogen atoms to form a resinous release coating
Typical uses for XIAMETER polymethylhydrogen siloxanes include:
- Hydrophobing treatments for powders and other granular materials to make them water-repellent and free-flowing and to reduce caking
- In the formulation of water-repellent and release coatings
- To soften or waterproof tissues
- In the production of other chemically reactive silicones and silicone copolymers
- As crosslinking agents and chain extenders
For a more technical discussion, download the Methyl Hydrogen Siloxanes fact sheet. (PDF: 160 KB)
Typical Polymethylhydrogen Siloxane
Environment, Health And Safety
Methylhydrogen silicone fluids and systems that contain them may evolve hydrogen gas under certain conditions. Read Safe Handling of SiH-Containing Polysiloxanes. (PDF: 251 KB)
For methylhydrogen silicone copolymers and other specialty methylhydrogen silicone fluids, plus application and development support, look to Dow Corning® brand. Explore Dow Corning® silicone fluids.