XIAMETER® Brand Acetoxy Sealants
XIAMETER acetoxy sealants are one-part, room-temperature vulcanizing (RTV) silicone sealants suitable for a wide range of applications.
Features And Benefits
- One-component adhesive/sealant for ease of use
- Good adhesion to many substrates
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Cures to a tough, flexible silicone elastomer
- Resistant to ozone, ultraviolet (UV) radiation and temperature extremes
- Industrial sealing and bonding
- Formed-in-place gaskets
- Waterproofing rimless sinks
- Sealing around shower-tub enclosures, sinks, urinals and whirlpools
- General sealing and caulking applications
- Condensation cure occurs at room temperature upon exposure to moisture in air
- Acetoxy cure chemistry produces an acetic acid byproduct, which smells like vinegar and is corrosive to some metals such as brass and copper
Help Your Customers Get The Most Out Of XIAMETER Sealants
Proper use and preparation are key to long-lasting sealing performance. Learn tips and techniques to maximize sealant performance.
We believe these are accurate descriptions of the typical uses for XIAMETER sealants, but it is your responsibility to thoroughly test products in your specific applications to determine performance, efficacy and safety.