Advantages of Silicone Antifoams
XIAMETER® silicone foam control agents are available as fluids, compounds, emulsions and powders, and are suitable for use in both aqueous and non-aqueous systems.
- Effective at much lower dosage rates than organic antifoams, leading to lower cost-in-use
- Silicone antifoams tend to be much more persistent (longer lasting) than organic antifoams
- They tend to be less reactive in the foaming medium, leading to fewer compatibility problems
- Silicone antifoams are stable over a wide range of temperatures and pH levels
Composition of Silicone Antifoams
- Silicone antifoam compounds are composed of silicone fluids and silica.
- Silicone powdered antifoams are composed of silicone antifoam compounds and solid carrier.
- Silicone antifoam emulsions are stable blends of silicone antifoam compounds and water.
- Silicone antifoam compound (dispersed phase)
- Water (continuous phase)
- One or more surfactants
- Stabilizing and performance-enhancing additives (such as thickeners, wetting agents, biocides, rust inhibitors and freeze-thaw protectors)